My tank..

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

mongo

My tank..

Postby mongo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Cleaned it up (soap n water) and put it on.....
DSC00149.JPG

not bad for 45 years in the attic!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teckhardt

Re: My tank..

Postby Teckhardt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Looks good. :)
1970 450 SCR

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Much better. :D I think that design is one of the best motorcycle tanks ever.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:10 pm

____ That 250 Mark-3/GT/Mach-1 (5-gal) tank has been very much preferred since the '70s ! _ However in the '60s, most everyone thought that tank to be much too large & bulbous looking ! - Seemingly standing-out from the rest of the cycle / bike as if taken from a much larger machine and stuck onto the little DUKE.
I also agreed at the time, but have since come to realize that that tank is what 'makes-the-bike' the unique Italian work-piece which it is.
Although, I'd still prefer to have a tank that's of the same style but only 75 or 80% as large. - (Possibly by just cutting-out a 2 or 3 inch wide section, taken away from it's length-wise center-section, and then putting the outer left & right halves back together, [without the removed center-section, and along with reinserting the filler-neck opening back-in again, of course].)
__ The similarly styled 250Scrambler-tank that obviously must've been designed by the same tank-designer, is the next-best looking DUKE tank-design but, it's a bit too small to make a decent replacement for that overly-large 5-gallon version of that type of styling.
So if I were a tank-builder, I'd build a tank that's designed as a 50/50-morph of both those tank's styling-design, so as to end-up with a tank that's the average size & design of them both, for a blended tank-design that would be (what I believe would be) the best-overall tank-design choice for a DUKE-tank ! _ It's really too bad that Ducati didn't get that same idea for styling a tank-design to use on their Monza/Sebring models ! _ As I think that would've been the perfect DUKE-tank !

DUKE-Cheers,
DCT-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”