Shopping for front and rear tires

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

halfpast

Re: Shopping for front and rear tires

Postby halfpast » Sun May 27, 2018 6:08 pm

ranton_rambler wrote:I was going to put Pirelli City Demon on my 175, as price seems good and tread pattern is not too modern looking. Alternative might have been Michelin City Pro which are similar price here in UK, but having seen the Metzeler ME22 on a little Honda tonight I might have a change of mind.

I got the Michelin City Pro for my cafe 250 NC off eBay for super cheap (US seller and I'm also in the US)...modern tread pattern but that doesn't bother me much. I have abut 150 miles on them and they've been great so far.

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Sun May 27, 2018 6:48 pm

That's good to know Ranton!

I asked for advice at my local bike shop in Taunton yesterday, when picking up my Monster from it's MOT and they said that providing there was enough clearance, then there should be no problem doing the same thing. It widens my choice of tyres and going up to a 3.00 on the rear will help to keep the thing visually balanced, too. I measured up this evening and I didn't think that there'd be a clearance issue, so your post was additional comfort :lol:

Just waiting for my son to drill out a couple of holes in the brake lever mounting of the period MV handlebars I picked up, so I can fix my choke lever on. Then I can make up some proper cables, fit tyres and get mine on the road. It fires up when I get the technique right, but I really need to get it running on the road under load, so that I can tune the carb properly.

Getting close now, my aim is to be on the road by the end of June so I can bug fix and register for the Giro d'Italia next year :D .

linker48x

Postby linker48x » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:19 am

Reviving this 4 year old thread. I need a set of tires for my NC Mark 3 250, 2.50-18 front and 2.75 or maybe 3.00-18 rear.

What are people using now? IRC NR53 is a P rated possibility but looks very modern. These are small sizes and tough to locate.

blethermaskite

Postby blethermaskite » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:42 am

michelin me22 best ever smallish tyres, used them for years, I believe they were designed for the yamaha lc 125 so more than ok for our little Dukes.
Cheers George

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:09 am

Hm - something wrong with the labelling/brand of these tires?
I don't recall a michelin me22. But a Metzeler ME22 is available: https://www.metzeler.com/en-gb/catalogue/product/me-22

Hans

blethermaskite

Postby blethermaskite » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:54 am

Sorry, :oops: forgot to engage brain properly of course Metzler ME 22.
Cheers,
George

George

Postby George » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:04 pm

I have recently fitted Metzler 22 to my Elite. Pleased with them so far and do not look to modern
George Essex UK

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:46 pm

The german Heidenau Co. manufactures tires in 2.50, 2.75 and 3.00 - 18, with classic tread patterns. They seem to be available in the US from

MotoAmore LLC
1700 Enterprise Blvd
95691 West Sacramento, CA
https://www.heidenautires.com/

Look for the K40 (front) and the K33 and 39 (rear). My brother had them on his Morini 125 Corsaro and a 250 Settebello, was satisfied.

cheers Hans

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”