Endurance Legends

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Bevel bob

Endurance Legends

Postby Bevel bob » Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 am

There is an event comming shortly in the uk, It would appear to mainly feature big japanese multis and well known "Aces" . In my mind one of the most memorable and laudable victories was the 68 24hr race in Barcelona which was the premier event at that time with thousands of spectators and full works teams from Bultaco , Ossa Etc , Two brits ,Reg Everret and a very young Paul Smart took a very standard road equiped 250 Mark3 Narrow case in an old Ford van and hammered it round for close on 600 laps with no Mechanical issues to finish 3rd overall behind a 650 and 750 and winning the 250 class. The bikes only real issue was a worn out front brake which meant some hairy riding at the end. I would love to know what happened to that bike which was registered on the road. Probably got converted into a race school bike for use at Brands Hatch.It was a 67 bike reistered RYY84F or P and probably came from the same batch as my 67.Sold by Vic Camp Walthamstow London.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”