Electronic Tachometer

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

double diamond

Electronic Tachometer

Postby double diamond » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 pm

I’m considering my options for electronic tachometers. Scitsu appears to be a popular and relatively affordable option. But I’ve seen a number of accounts that the product can have a short life. I sent one back to Scitsu for repair (full disclosure: I had never seen it actually functioning) and Dylan said “not worth fixing”. Has anyone any experience with Scitsu, favorable or not? I had race bikes years ago that used Krober tachs. Never had any problems with these and didn’t require a power source (which the Scitsu does). Apparently Krober tachs are still available, a bit more pricey than Scitsu. Any other options?

Matt

LaceyDucati

Re: Electronic Tachometer

Postby LaceyDucati » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Matt
Scitsu tachos have worked for me and most of my customers. However I think there is the odd rogue one about. Have you considered a Stack tacho? The needle movement is driven by a stepper motor and therefore they should be less susceptible to vibration damage. Basic tachos are cheap enough, but prices escalate with features and classic looks. I think all the Stack tachos need a 12v supply.

Regards Nigel

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”