Bevel Drive Housing

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Bevel bob

Re: Bevel Drive Housing

Postby Bevel bob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 am

I have an engineer locally who strips and rebuilds cranks and true's them to a fine degree and is very cheap! , no point in telling you this as I have no idea where you are from!!.

old guy

Postby old guy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Thanks for encouraging note about crankshaft expertise Bevel Bob. I am in southern California, USA and haven't looked hard enough yet to find local talent. I'll pop out my welch plugs today and decide how necessary a crank inspection is. It is encouraging to know what common practice is. I would not have known about inspecting past the Welch plugs if it wasn't for this forum. Thanks again for the tips.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:16 pm

These motors are often highly tuned and live on the edge. After you have spent loads getting the motor in good shape its a mistake to think you will get good service if you treat it like other classics. They need to get really warmed up (10 miles or more) before giving it the beans. They need fresh clean oil and must not be worked at low revs where the oil does not get around. Keep over 3000 revs and below 9000 and they can be reliable for long periods.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”