DewCatTea Bob’s Legacy

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Zoomersmoto

DewCatTea Bob’s Legacy

Postby Zoomersmoto » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 am

We are here because of DewCatTea Bob. We are sorry for your loss. Have been lurking this past week. Your forum and DewCatTea Bob’s posts helped us sort out the wiring on our 28v magneto/alternator and the genius behind Ducati’s design and helped answer a question why Ducati went from a 40 watt system to a 28 watt system. Thank goodness your forum has preserved the knowledge and wisdom so that Bob’s legacy lives on! Not one color of our wires on the Mag/Alternator were even close to matching the manual. However with a volt ohm meter and your forum we were able to find out what was going on inside our engine without breaking the cases. No we aren’t lazy but the reason why is a long story. We plan on tinkering with some of his other ideas on this build.

Nobody is more passionate about vintage Ducati’s than my son Zeke. Zeke finds old motorcycles like some kids bring home strays. At 10 he built his first motorcycle with Frank Scurria’s peel fairing, at 11 he had two world champions do the ton on his second bike that he put a dustbin on. At 12 while at Barber’s Museum he announced the Ducati Elite as his dream bike. He just finished building his 3rd custom bike Zoöid for the television personality Bryan Fuller. He is a student of motorcycle history.

While NOT doing his homework in computer class Zeke found our 68 Ducati Scrambler 250 on online. The previous owner had his home hit by a tornado not far from our home which was the impetus for him selling. His garage was untouched but his home had been hit hard. They were starting the rebuilding process and were living in an apartment not far from his home. His wife didn’t even know he had the Ducati. He had skills! Lol!

We have envisioned it by taking two of Fabio Taglioni‘ most beautiful designs and marrying then together. The Monza and the Scrambler because those were the parts we were given after we inherited her. We have been careful not to modify any major component as if this bike needs to go back to being a Scrambler one day it can. There are some very subtle modifications to try and make her more beautiful. Her name is Delinda the Ducati. Thank You! https://youtu.be/_JS4v1jhnV8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Son your Mother is going to Kill Us!

Ventodue

Re: DewCatTea Bob’s Legacy

Postby Ventodue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

Nice job! Congratulations to you and Zeke - oh, and welcome to the Forum 8-) .

Yup, Bob is missed. Even if some of his posts occasionally took some de-ciphering :? , he sure knew his stuff :ugeek: , and was very generous with his time in explaining it to all us numb-skulls ...

Please do keep on encouraging Zeke to go around hauling neglected Ducatis out of barns :D .

Ciao

Craig

Zoomersmoto

Postby Zoomersmoto » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Ventodue wrote:Nice job! Congratulations to you and Zeke - oh, and welcome to the Forum 8-) .

Yup, Bob is missed. Even if some of his posts occasionally took some de-ciphering :? , he sure knew his stuff :ugeek: , and was very generous with his time in explaining it to all us numb-skulls ...

Please do keep on encouraging Zeke to go around hauling neglected Ducatis out of barns :D .

Ciao

Craig

We owe our knowledge to characters like Bob who made us figure it out. They have names like Teaser and such. I really enjoy reading his posts and his whimsical cantankerousness. It was like he would answer the question but then have a little side conversation with us lurking in the peanut gallery. ;) Have a great day I am off to go get some 25 A 200 PIV BRIDGE RECTIFIERs! Lol
Son your Mother is going to Kill Us!

Medoro

Postby Medoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Wow,
This is strange as I was just thinking of him yesterday and mentioned it to my brother who also read his post.
What a character, a wealth of Ducati history and knowledge.
I was truly afraid to post my first question on the forum for fear of sounding really stupid as he did not suffer fools.
Lucky for me all was well and I think he enjoyed the question as he gave me a better than text book answer!
When I learned of his passing it hit me that his gifts were not ours for the asking anymore beside the fact he had passed on.
Brilliant, yes. Somewhat cantankerous, yes. Anymore like him, not likely !
Lucky for us he is immortal through his post.
That said he is truly missed.
If there is a Ducati heaven, I'm sure he's there.
Carry on Bob.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”