Telesco Fork Service Help.

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

hoylie

Telesco Fork Service Help.

Postby hoylie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some help with my 250 Scrambler which has Telesco forks. I did find some old posts form a couple of years ago on these forks but I'm still missing details which I've not been able to find anywhere.

So my Scrambler is from 74, mototrans build which I have owned for around 5 years now, not done much with her until now, she has a nice patina which i love and don't intend to change but now its time to give her some love, new Amal Carb to go on, nos levers and a few other bits and bobs to keep her going. If anyone has any info on the mototrans bikes or parts they have to sell please mail me.

Ok so the forks are Telesco, i've stripped them off the bike as they were compressing but not returning very well. So I''ve attached the pictures below and my main questions are....

1) What oil and quantity goes in each leg.
2) The way the internals are laid out is how they came out, does that look right?
3) At the bottom of each stanchion there is the section that threads into the stanchion, one has a metal, what I would call a glide ring but the other doesn't, any thoughts?
4) Has anyone got any diagrams, service details on these?
5) If anyone has spares please let me know.
6) Anything missing?

Thanks in advance

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jon Pegler

Re: Telesco Fork Service Help.

Postby Jon Pegler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi Martyn,

Your Telesco forks appear to be complete and assembled correctly, looking at your photographs.
The only thing missing is the 'glide ring' as you call it. These rings are like small piston rings but do not seem to do very much and are frequently worn. As far as I know, they are not available as spare parts.
The best source of spares is Jesus Loriente in Spain, trading as Recambiousado, although it does not look like there is much you need.
Those Telescos take either 250cc or 280cc of 20w fork oil, depending on which Spanish handbook you read.

Jon

hoylie

Postby hoylie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Cheers Jon, appreciate the info.

Martyn

IanM

Postby IanM » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:21 pm

Hi Martin, just joined this group and came across your post. I have similar dilemma with my recently acquired Spanish 250 Scrambler. Did you have any luck finding parts for them? Mine are absolutely solid and don’t compress at all. Your photos are helpful, did you find any manuals or tech documents for them?
Thanks

Ian.

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi Ian,

Sounds like your forks are either bent or rusted-up, or both. Time for a strip down!

Cheers,

Colin

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:34 am

I had to strip down, get spare parts and rebuild the Telesco forks on my 1974 Mototrans Scrambler, which are identical to yours.
Most parts were indeed sourced from Jesus Llorente Guzman http://recambiousado.com/venta/index.ph ... r=category, at Jon's recommendation, but my fork stanchions were beyond repair due to rust and being bent, so I had to get new ones made (let me know if you need a recommendation).
Your stanchions appear to be ok. I think I found replacing the fork seals the most awkward bit of the job, but it just took perseverance.
Cheers,
Al.

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:18 pm

Thanks to Eldert, we have a link to the procedure for refurbishing Telesco forks (in Spanish). After Bill TheMoudie's suggestion I am doing a little administrative housekeeping by posting it under a more appropriate thread title ..... http://www.moticosroyo.com/ducati-desmo ... -delantera

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”