Location Location!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Buster

Location Location!

Postby Buster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:56 am

It is obvious that there are far more Ducati Singles in the USA than here in UK.
I have yet to spot another single in my travels but did see a few in the Isle of Man at the classic TT last year.
The Ducati club in UK are not really interested in singles or "old" Ducatis.
This is the best site for help and info so it would be good if all subscribers added their location then maybe if there is enough interest us UK chaps could maybe arrange to meet up. Brooklands being a good location to do so. Any interest?

Classictrial

Re: Location Location!

Postby Classictrial » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:05 am

I am nr Southampton. Do you know anything about the Hannah bikes at all? Seemed to be quite damaging to Ducati at a time when the Japanese were decimating much of the worlds motorcycle industry?

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:12 am

Hi, I'm near Taunton in Somerset.

My 175TS restoration will hopefull be on the road by spring, in preparation for a future Moto Giro d'Italia and it would be good to meet up with some fellow Bevelheads at somepoint.

tweaky beast

Postby tweaky beast » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi i'm in Malvern. Hoping to sprint my Ducati special this year and use on the road :D

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm in Stafford, working on a basket case 175. Until the last Stafford show I'd not seen a complete bike in the flesh, and still have not seen one running.
No target set for completion. I seem to get on with a bit quite well and then get stuck looking for bits or lack of time. Hopefully will get at least one ride before President Trump and Kim Jong Un blow us all up.

Ian

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:30 pm

I am in Kent and have a running 1967 250 NC which most people think is a Mach1 as it is the same colour scheme (it always was) ,you probably saw my bike in the IOM where I used it for 4 hollidays daily transport and Jurby track. I also have an 860 bevel in progress which will be the nearest thing to a modern day Vincent Black Shadow when its done.I regularly see a later 350 cafe which also gets to the IOM. I know of 4 other singles guys in kent but they don't ride much. I ride other bikes too. I will probably be out on the 250 on Boxing day at the PIED BULL pub Farningham Kent where hundreds of bikes gather including lots of vintage machinery.
Last edited by Bevel bob on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi all, I live just south of Norwich in Norfolk. I am about half way through totally rebuilding a 1959 200 SS, which came to the UK from America.
I bought it complete , with two more incomplete and dismantled, when I sorted everything, it turned out, a spare engine was the correct one for the complete machine.
The rebuild is taking longer than intended, but in my defence I have completed other projects along the way, including working on another running 200 which belongs to a friend who lives north of Norwich.
In the early sixties there was a Ducati dealership in Norwich, Kings of Oxford, which had a range of machines on display, with quite a lot of young Mike Hailwood's trophies, for us young teenagers to drool over at the time.
I know of three more running singles, but they are not in Norfolk.
Brian
Made in England

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Buster, there is an annual meet for Italian bikes/cars at Horsham ,probably one at the ACE cafe N.London. Brooklands will probably have to be in conjunction with something else. Just remembered I know a guy in kent who has 2 Mach1's in bits ,I have been trying to stir him into action. I also know of another Kent man who has a 125 DOHC grand prix . Hi Brian ,I spend some weekends near Diss ,close to you.
Last edited by Bevel bob on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:16 pm

DBDBrian wrote: In the early sixties there was a Ducati dealership in Norwich, Kings of Oxford, which had a range of machines on display, with quite a lot of young Mike Hailwood's trophies, for us young teenagers to drool over at the time.

The Managing Director of King's was Mike's father, Stan Hailwood. As well as selling other marques, the company was the UK Ducati concessionaire from 1958 to 1965 when Vic Camp took over. At its peak, Kings had nearly 50 branches, including car showrooms.

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Mike in 1960 with his father and factory race mechanic, Oscar Folesani.

And on track on that bike, a 250 twin built specially for him by the factory (Stan had money ... ;) ). Silverstone 1960.

For more go:
http://www.ducati.com/history/60s/250_twin/index.do

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”