We are back!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

We are back!

Postby JimF » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 am

Sorry for the interruption.

As most of you know the forum has been down for upwards of a week. It's sudden crash was a mystery as no administrative work was occurring on either the forum software or the website. I worried that the web host moved us unannounced to a different server that was somehow incompatible with the forum software. Or perhaps the installation of a security patch had the unintended consequence of killing the forum.

As it turned out the problem was one of quota but not of space. The website only uses just 10% of its storage space allocation which is why I sort of figured that could not be the forum's problem.

For some strange reason though, the Web Host Provider places a 40,000 file limit on the storage regardless of disk quota usage. So when the forum created the 40,001st file on the website it just seized up.

I moved a lot of stuff off of the website and now for a while we are back. I will contact the Web Host Provider about how to get us a much larger file allocation. With luck they will just do it for nothing considering our web storage is way underutilized. They may however want to upgrade the site's hosting plan.

I expect to call them tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

Jim

Ventodue

Re: We are back!

Postby Ventodue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks Jim - good work, appreciated.

Craig

graeme

Postby graeme » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Thank you Jim
I was having withdrawal symptoms without the forum.

Regards
Graeme

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Hey, that's great news!

Several of us over here in the UK were starting to panic, as this is the most comprehensive and well supported Ducati Singles sites that we know of!

Harvey

Postby Harvey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 am

Jim, I thought it was gone, with all the information, collected over the years, it was bad enough loosing Bob. I was heart broken. :(
First day of 2018 and it's back, you've made my day. :) :) :)
Harvey.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”