Narrowcase kickstart

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

EMZEDDER

Re: Narrowcase kickstart

Postby EMZEDDER » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:38 pm

No problem

FFFCycles

Postby FFFCycles » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Just to wake up this discussion a bit. I have a narrow case Monza and I am looking for the kisckstart spindle 0600.07.110 as the one I have has two teeth broken and this is a problem as it will jump position and then I have to take it all apart to place properly again. Is there some source for a replacement or shall I take this to an outfit I know to have a new one produced by a gear maker? I then have to get this hardened as well andit will be expensive but I like the bike so much it needs fixing.
Frank

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:10 pm

Kickstart parts is an area where there is scope for much confusion. There is a post in 2014 by Matt (Double diamond) that made a very good start ( with comparison photos ) to show some of the diferences ,

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:26 pm

My crankcase also had a damaged/cracked kickstart shaft bush housing, I'm inclined to think this happens if the shaft is used as a locking device when working on the clutch ?
I welded the case and then bored it oversize, it didn't seem a great idea, the bush is not located, so I faced off the housing, and made the new oversize bush with a flange to prevent it moving into the gearbox.
P1070925.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian
Made in England

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:20 pm

Is your Monza a 4-speed or a 5-speed? This post addresses part of the puzzle
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1703&p=12429&hilit=kickstart+gear#p12399

Matt

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”