tank/ side panels

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Fossilrider

tank/ side panels

Postby Fossilrider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:47 pm

I am not as fond of the Sebring tank, fenders and other sheet metal as some of the tin on other models. And, since I am not trying to do a to-the-letter restoration, I was thinking about trying to use other pieces to get what I want. Are any of the pieces interchangeable without modifying the mounts on the frame? Just wondering. Thanks, Steve

JimF
Site Admin

Re: tank/ side panels

Postby JimF » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes, the 'tin ware' as it's often referred to is almost always exchangeable between models, but narrow case does not exchange with wide case to the best of my knowledge.

The only exception I am aware of is the wide case 450 with the gusseted frame tube requires tanks that are made to straddle the gusseting.

With so many people wanting to exchange square style tin ware for round style the availability of round style fenders, tanks and headlight buckets is low and the prices for them are high.

Jim

Fossilrider

Re: tank/ side panels

Postby Fossilrider » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Yes, I have noticed how proud people are of especially the MK3 tanks! I bought a Bronco(?) tank off ebay but I'm not sure about which seat will work with it since it looks really short. If I can't find/afford to change to the tin I prefer, I will use the square tin. I think I might like it more in a different color, since I have never liked the silver. Anyway, thanks for the info. Steve

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”