Sebring parts

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Fossilrider

Re: Sebring parts

Postby Fossilrider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Thanks, Matt. Being the computer idiot I am, I haven't been able to find the Tech section for this site.? Can I access it from the forums here? Still haven't heard from my friend doing the boring. Maybe tomorrow.? At that point, I can get serious about a piston. Since I am not trying to build a "hot" 350, I guess I should stay with the stock piston and base gasket set-up, or as close as I can get. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Steve

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Steve,

If you just enter "www.motoscrubs.com" in your browser (or just erase everything else in the address at the top of this page), you'll be on the landing page for the site and see the "TECH" link.

Matt

Fossilrider

Postby Fossilrider » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Well, I heard from the guy boring my cylinder and he said we need a 77mm, which I just got on the way from Eurotrash. I was confused by the much taller dome on the Omega piston (as compared to others on ebay) so I asked the seller and was told it is basically the same as the later 350. He says the earlier 350 was low compression and "quite slow". I have been a decent shadetree wrench for decades but these engines are new to me so I'm taking all the info I can get and sorting through it for my application. I am anxious to see how this all works out. Steve

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Steve

did Joe Carter give you clearance specs ? Omega uses RR58 (Rolls Royce ) aluminum developted for the Merlin engine

Eldert

Fossilrider

Postby Fossilrider » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Hey Eldert, he said the specs should be with the piston. He said the cast is usually .001"/1" of bore dia., and the forged usually more but didn't say how much more. It shipped today so I will see what info comes with it. Thanks, Steve

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”