transfers

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Bevel bob

transfers

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 pm

I bought some toolbox transfers from Classic Ducati for my Mark3 NC, I have never had anything to do with transfers, the boxes are powdercoated, Whats the routine?.

ranton_rambler

Re: transfers

Postby ranton_rambler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Are they waterslide transfers like the old Airfix kits? A long time since I've used them but I seem to remember you wet them and carefully slide them off the backing, then position and flatten with a little paintbrush. I think the toolbox decals I bought from Barry were self adhesive vinyl but I've not used them yet.
Try giving Barry a call?

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm

I get a fair bit of blowback of fuel so I expect to need a varnish coat of some sort.

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Halfords sell fuel resistant lacquer in spray cans. I've used it on my Guzzi tank, and seems OK so far, but no decals on the tank.

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Clear lacquer over waterslide transfer works well, with a quality look that stickers can't match.

Having said that, I'd test for compatibility of the lacquer and transfer, just in case.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”