Any vendors on list with throttle cables?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

Any vendors on list with throttle cables?

Postby JimF » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:08 am

My 250 bitsa's throttle cable strands began to break at the carb slide end causing the throttle to stick open.

Before I shop the Internet I would rather spend money with vendor list members who frequent our forum and give us all free advice.

Does any vendor out there have throttle cables?

The fun end is a Super Practic mounted to a clip-on, while the business end is a Mikuni round barrel slide carb with cable geometry similar to a Del 'Orto SSI.

I would think a Mach1/Mark3 standard cable would suit my application.

Jim

amartina75

Re: Any vendors on list with throttle cables?

Postby amartina75 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 am

Jim
I think just about everyone sells cables, but you'll have to look around as they all offer different ones at different prices. Throttle cables are easy to find on eBay for Aermacchi and Benelli makes. Syd's makes cables also I had them make a few for me. For a throttle cable I'd probably buy a cheap one off eBay for a Benelli and make it fit.
Aaron
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Nigel Lacey, Jim? But I'm not sure that, with the postage cost across the Pond, it would be worthwhile - unless you buy lots of other goodies at the same time ... ;)

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Bought from this guy before. Good stuff cheap.
Tony

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ducati- ... ix&vxp=mtr

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”