Letter from Phil Schilling about my Mach 1S

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

bikester250

Letter from Phil Schilling about my Mach 1S

Postby bikester250 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:13 pm

I was asked if I could post copies of some of the documents that I referred to in my eBay add for the Mach 1S. Here are scans of the letter from Phil Schilling.
I wrote Mr. Schilling when the bike started to pump raw oil out of the exhaust pipe; it turned out to be a rather loose exhaust guide. So here is what he said.
Next I'll scan the letter from Ducati Mechanica and the note from H&H so stay tuned.
Regards,
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rick

Re: Letter from Phil Schilling about my Mach 1S

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:57 am

Thanks

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:55 am

Good stuff, Phil - thanks. Impressed that he found the time to write it, all 2½ pages of it - very generous.

I especially like:
"Ducati engines respond to careful assembly, not special parts".

We should adopt that as our moto!

bikester250

Postby bikester250 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Ventodue,
I was very impressed by his willingness to take the time to do that too; it's probably why I saved the letter..
I followed all his articles on the Cycle's fun with the twin and his stories about his 175. He studied at the University of Wisconsin but our times there didn't quite overlap. I rode some of the same roads he wrote about outside of Madison a few times (never at the sort of speed he might have ridden at).
Phil

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”