Stuck the piston

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

ecurbruce

Re:UPDATE- Re; Stuck the piston

Postby ecurbruce » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi all,
Well, finally finished engine rebuild, from the broken ring. It had a fair amount of thrashing inside, as far as sending metal shavings throughout,  so pretty much a thorough rebuild. I ended up with a Wössner piston kit, @75.43 mm, in a new cylinder liner, rebuilt the big-end of the crank, all new bearings in the narrow cases, rebuilt the oil pump, so far as replacing the backing plate and de-burring the drive gears, installed a hotter cam, similar to the grey one, and it's someone's regrind, where the center-circle is reduced for higher lobe lift. I got a 350 big valve head, will build as  a separate project when I get some valves and guides, so for now I put on the 250 nc monza head with small valves and mikuni vm26 as before. Using the shorty megaphone baffled pipe I used from before.
Runs good, more compression, a little more peppy...seems faster, but still breaking it in for now, I'll take it easy.
Bruce

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”