New horde found

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

thebossdj

Re: New horde found

Postby thebossdj » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:18 am

Thanks for all the help.. missed the 1 so that kinds helps the mystery along.. No E

On the weird 250 motor I can't find stampings at the back and bottom of the motor to see if they are in fact a matched set

The 01496 motor the stamps don't match

Only early parts that could be off a 4 speed or early 5 are. An alloy foot rocker shifter plus the 7 fin hubs on the weird bike.

The tank is a scrambler tank

Looked at the gears.. what am I looking for?? Got my curious

double diamond

Re: New horde found

Postby double diamond » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:38 pm

If the case set numbers on 01496 don’t match, it could well be an M1 engine that suffered damage to the left center case. The transmissions and timing gears on an M1 are the same as any other narrow case 250. The only difference in the lower end is the crankshaft. Apparently, the crankshaft in 01496 is not standard so it will be interesting to see what you’ve got there.

It could also prove interesting to see what’s inside 151157. Might be some sort of early production transition model between 200 and 250 production.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”