175TS in UK

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

George

Re: 175TS in UK

Postby George » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi Ian, good to hear you are persevering with the 175TS.
I have had an eventful time since reading your restoration article in VMCC magazine couple of years ago and rekindling my interest in buying another Ducati. first one was a 100cc pushrod single, as a teenage learner many years ago.
I am hoping to get my bike running in the next few weeks then will be waiting for DVLA registration. With luck a few rides before summer ends.
George Essex UK

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:29 pm

After my trials and tribulations with swapping to a more sporty camshaft last year, and subsequent battles with carb jetting, you may remember I got it running pretty well in the end.
This winter’s jobs are to fix the oil leaks introduced during head/camshaft removals, to fit a slightly bigger front sprocket and a remote condenser.
Head was taken off a few weeks ago and I’ve made new gaskets. Today was a bit warmer so out to the garage and reassembled the bevel tube and cam cap carefully.
Also swapped the sprocket and readjusted the chain.
Working on a good location for the condenser, which is a NOS one for a car. All of the replacements I’ve sourced that fit inside the points housing have failed quickly so I’m running with the one that came with the bike. It may go on forever but I think a back-up plan would be good.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:14 am

Hi Ian, I managed to by pass the condenser issue completely by fitting a points assist box under the tank , this needs no condenser by the points , was cheap , increased the spark efficiency no end , takes the electric load from the points and has a timing light built in that is visible when sitting by the drive side working a timing disc or crank pointer.

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Little outing today, first ride since the winter jobs.
Fired up on first kick and oil leaks seem to be fixed.
Not sure if the new 16T sprocket is a good idea, in combination with the slightly sporty camshaft. A few more trips needed to be sure…

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”