Clutch suddenly not working

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Nick

Re: Clutch suddenly not working

Postby Nick » Wed May 24, 2017 2:29 am

You got that right Jordan! Far and away my favorite all-time motorcycle (and I've ridden a lot, both for fun and professionally). And yes, the 500''s rev-happy personality gives it a totally different ride quality than the other Triumphs.

Way back when, I was flipping bikes to pay for school and picked it up for a couple hundred bucks in non-running condition, planning to simply get it running and sell it on for a quick profit, The owner, of Latin American descent, had over-tightened one of the carbs, warping the body and seizing the slide (said gentleman was also in need of quick cash due to ongoing legal troubles resulting from the abuses of certain substances).I bought a good used carb body from Jack Hateley for $10, fired 'er up, blasted down the street......and there I was: Steve McQueen in The Great Escape! That's exactly the sensation I experienced. Because one cannot part with a bike that makes one feel like Steve McQueen in The Great Escape, I kept it. Over the past 30 years of off-and-on use, in addition to delivering incredible reliability as a commuter, canyon carver and Mojave Desert explorer, it's never needed to come apart (except for a clutch) and still doesn't use any oil.

IMHO, the best of the old Triumphs. And yes, I've both a stock Bonnie and a hot-rod 750 street tracker.

Eponymously named the "Daytona" 500 after Gary Nixon's win in America's most prestigious road race.

She's waiting just outside the window as I write this, waiting for my hand on the throttle to bring her to life.

750 - built 'er up out of an old 'Desert Sled', very fast....
Put a Mikuni on it!

graeme

Re: Clutch suddenly not working

Postby graeme » Wed May 24, 2017 7:35 am

I can't see a Mikuni on it ,,,,,,?????

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”