160 Monza Jr - battery hold-down

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DucMonzter

160 Monza Jr - battery hold-down

Postby DucMonzter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:55 pm

I am attempting to secure a battery on my Monza Jr 160 (1st Edition – round tank style). This version has the battery mounted transverse to the frame, as opposed to later versions, which were in-line. According to the parts catalog, a plate and spring ring were used to hold the battery to the mounting tray. I don’t have the plate or spring ring so it is unclear to me what they looked like or how they attached. Can anyone provide more information, a photograph of these parts, or better yet, a source for them? Please see attached images for clarification. Thanks for your assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scrambler

Re: 160 Monza Jr - battery hold-down

Postby Scrambler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 am

I have a couple that I Laser cut for my 250. From the picture it "looks" like it will fit your tray. It is NOT the original design, and is SST, but looks nice and has held my battery in place with no issues.
I can send you one no charge if you like.
Take a look at the attached picture and if you zoom in you can see what it looks like.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DucMonzter

Re: 160 Monza Jr - battery hold-down

Postby DucMonzter » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your generous offer of the laser-cut, battery hold down. However, I'm fairly certain that the 250 uses a larger battery size than the 160 - so the bracket would probably overhang the battery. My battery is approx. 50 mm (~2 in.) deep. I really appreciate your offer, though.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”