I love inspection time!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Pete

I love inspection time!

Postby Pete » Sat May 29, 2010 2:33 am

Last Saturday, I took my Ducati to get the yearly New York State Safety Inspection. I go to the local BMW dealer because 1.) it is close to my house and 2.)the service manager knows Ducatis. When I pulled in, the manager told me to bring the bike right into the shop. Instantly a crowd gathered. One guy made everyone step back so he could take a picture. Another shop employee proclaimed it "The Coolest Bike in the Parking Lot". After it passed inspection ( lights, horn, tires, etc.), everyone had to listen as I started it to hear the sound of the Conti style muffler. It is almost like I am famous or something when I go there.

mongo

Re: I love inspection time!

Postby mongo » Sat May 29, 2010 2:48 am

Hmmm. How would an original Daina Mk3 pass inspection? No horn, no lights below 3000rpm, no brakelight switch on front lever....

Michigan has a grueling process for registration, wherein you must present a slip of paper stating you have at least property loss/property damage coverage, and your check must appear to be good..... :lol:

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:40 pm

mongo wrote:Hmmm. How would an original Daina Mk3 pass inspection? No horn, no lights below 3000rpm, no brakelight switch on front lever....

Michigan has a grueling process for registration, wherein you must present a slip of paper stating you have at least property loss/property damage coverage, and your check must appear to be good..... :lol:

Hmm Illinois just required the check to be good. And we don't have to wear helmets either :o

evil

Postby evil » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:52 pm

I stopped getting any of my bikes inspected in the mid 90's.
A mechanic I went to had no idea what he was doing and I had to tell him how to insepct the brakes etc.
I got pulled over a few months later and the cop couldn't even find the sticker.... which was on the freakin fork!

So I just stopped getting inspections.
Who wants some lame looking sticker on their bike anyway?

-Evil

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”