dm250 m1s

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Eldert

Re: dm250 m1s

Postby Eldert » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:33 am

in this add its is called a Diana Sports

Eldert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bikester250

Postby bikester250 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Rick,
The only marks on my rims are: Borrani 19x2-Record and Borrani 19x21/4-Record for the front and rear respectively.
The tach and drive I have were purchased a few years after I bought the bike. I'll get a picture or two next week.
For anyone interested here is a link to a group of photos I took to send to Ian Fallon for his latest Ducati singles book:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccdnouc9j06c ... RCSCa?dl=0
Eldert,
Thanks for the lovely photos of the restored bike and the ad!
Phil

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:50 pm

The photo Jim posted has some details I haven't seen before- if they're original M1/S parts they show some more parts unique to the M1/S.
I've never seen a Dellorto throttle before, and the top triple clamp has pinch bolts running straight through the clamp with a nut- I don't think I've seen a top clamp like that before.
And the hex driven plugs that screw into the fork legs are threaded for a big nut at the top- both sides, one side lets you remove the tachometer carrier without pulling out the plug- can't tell what the other side is doing.
Rick
cropped instr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks for the link to the photos Phil.
Looks like yours doesn't have the top triple clamp from Jim's photo- do you know your bike's history?
Rick

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Never mind- Jim's photos were of an SC, not an M1/S.
Rick

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Phil

are your Oldani hubs 36 or 40 hole ?

for the racers Ducati used sometimes bonazzi forks

Eldert

bikester250

Postby bikester250 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Eldert,
These are 36 spoke rims. I think the forks are stock Ducati; when I took them apart to replace seals everything looked like standard Ducati parts.
Rick,
The bike was raced on the east coast by Frank Calder and then passed thru 2 or more owners before I bought it in 1971. Frank raced it with a total loss ignition system (pair of 6 volt dry cells and 2 coils, points with locked in advance).
One of the other owners must have added the stock electrical system. I bought it from a guy who was thinking about making it into a hillclimber (fortunately electric woes persuaded him to sell it). The previous owner had put a Monza head on it (I think because the guides were worn in the original head. I went to the dealer who had traded heads with him and got the original head back.
Electric problem required a new regulator and I added an advance mechanism, later put on the 32mm carb and the exhaust system (the exhaust port had been opened up to 1 3/4" at H&H so the stock pipe wasn't a good fit). Rode it like that off and on for the next 40+ years before doing a complete motor rebuild this past year(all new bearings, new piston/liner, etc).
It's running pretty well- I suspect a Ducati pro could get a few things better than I have but I'm happy with the result.
Many thanks on the rebuild to Nigel Lacey who has provided many parts and put up with tons of questions from me; thanks are also due to members of this forum who have answered questions and provided lots of info. I don't think I could have done this without all of this support.
Phil

graeme

Postby graeme » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:19 am

What or who is H&H ?

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:01 am

graeme wrote:What or who is H&H ?

Hi Graeme

H&H stands for Hitch and Haynes

have you ever seen the blueprint for power drawing ? it is made by H&H