Street Singles?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Nick

Street Singles?

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:36 pm

In celebration of Andrea Iannone's epic win in Austria I've been riding the Sebring and Diana to work recently and am again reminded of what great street bikes the Singles are. Yet in all the years I've been riding these bikes, I've never once seen another Duc single on the street.

Anyone else out there use a single for transportation?

Put a Mikuni on it!

halfpast

Re: Street Singles?

Postby halfpast » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 am

I try to ride my 68 Monza every Sunday morning. Sometimes I'm not able to, but when I can I enjoy every single (pun not intended) second of the ritual.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:50 am

My Mark3 NC is ready to go anytime and has just come back from 9 days riding in the IOM including 15 laps of the jurby track. It is not a practical bike to ride in traffic though so I only take it out on odd Sunday mornings when the other wheels won't turn. A grey cam would make it a more usefull bike though,anyone got a spare to swop for a rather wild F1 250 one?.

ecurbruce

Postby ecurbruce » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:20 am

Hi Nick,
I ride my '65 monza 250 for my work commute, just occasionally, it was weekly for a while back in the spring.
I've ended up using it for that ride more than anything else...
Dodging the rain of a florida summer doesn't give as many opportunities to ride lately, but I think I'll ride it tomorrow. (It's gonna be sunny)
Most people I talk to these days have not seen a ducati single on the street either.

Bruce

EMZEDDER

Postby EMZEDDER » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi, Not for commuting but certainly weekends for relatively long runs. They were built for riding and one of the most satisfying you might experience in my view. First owned a 200 Elite almost 40 years ago and feel the same since I was 16 yrs old.

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:23 pm

You've found the elixir of youth!

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:06 am

I rode my '65 bitsa to work and back every day until I crashed it on a trip from Illinois to Wisconsin.

It tool me two years (only due to my inability to make time) but the solid metal Mach 1 tank it wears that was made rust and bondo free by highly recommended Ross Thompson (http://www.execulink.com/~rosst/) got un-dented without the need for bondo or a repaint thanks to a paintless dent repair guy, I got a new headlight bucket thanks to a forum member here, I had the fork tubes straightened thanks to G.T. Enterprises (http://www.snowcrest.net/gte/) and the front fender (not original) got some bondo and a repaint when the bucket got sprayed.

It's now a daily driver again! It starts on one kick, two at the most. It requires no battery, no antifreeze and no hydraulic fluid. It's dependable and fun!

And on my way to and from work I never see another!

Jim

ecurbruce

Postby ecurbruce » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Ok, so I got a little wet today...
Oh, well, I won't melt,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CaptonZap

Postby CaptonZap » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:29 am

Yeahbutt, the bike will rust. :(

Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:42 am

ecurbruce wrote:Ok, so I got a little wet today...
Oh, well, I won't melt,

Great pic! Love the juxtaposition of the classic Sixties' styling and the ultra-modern gas station.
Put a Mikuni on it!

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”