Street Singles?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Scrambler

Re: Street Singles?

Postby Scrambler » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Whenever I ride my single it is always the only one I see.
I live in the South San Francisco bay area and commute to work a couple times a month on the bike. Given our horrible traffic it is a great lane splitting bike. Narrow bars and wide open megaphone make it pretty easy in traffic. I routinely will ride several hundred miles on weekends going to shows or club meetings or just riding the back roads in the hills. I belong to the bay area Vintage Ducati club and so far I am the only one to actually ride a vintage single to the monthly gathering. Even at Laguna Seca race weekends it is the only vintage single on Ducati Island. So what we ride is pretty special if we are so far and few in between. Picture is at Morro Rock on the central coast of California. About a 400 mile round trip from home.

take em out and ride em.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ecurbruce

Postby ecurbruce » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Hey Mike,

Does anyone in CA give you grief about running that open megaphone in traffic? That can be a pretty noisy affair. I tested my megaphone pipe that way before adding a baffle and reverse cone section.

On an unrelated note, I grew up in so-cal, in San Ber'dino valley- '63 to'70, so can relate to some of the things you mention about the region. That's where my Dad bought his first 250 monza that I learned to ride on out in San timeteo(?) canyon.

Bruce

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Never had an issue with the pipe or excess noise. I am not "the type" to be revving the bike while splitting lanes.
My point is just to keep moving. Never even thought about trying to quite it down, I like the sound.
Bike has won best sounding Ducati in both two valve and overall at MotoGP two years running now. Goofy trophies, but who cares.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:00 pm

A magnificent achievement, Mike!

ecurbruce

Postby ecurbruce » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Mike,
Hey, a trophey's a trophey, right...
And yes a great sound!
Congrats!

Bruce

halfpast

Postby halfpast » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:14 am

Nice bike, Mike. I'm in the SC mountains...maybe we can meet up at Alice's sometime.

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Once the weather clears up abit, sure we can meet up.

Mike Mc

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:53 am

My SCR is one of a few bikes I have, so It doesn't get used as regularly as it would otherwise. But we do get out and about at this time of year - and not always on the street! :D .

Haven't seen another single out and about on the roads around here. But lots of people come up and say, "I/my brother/my cousin/whatever used to have a Ducati mono ..."

13 2.jpg

Craig in France

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:59 pm

My 250 started life as a Scrambler. It has been a Hill Climber, Desert racer, Trails bike.
Back in 1966 we rode what we had in just about every kind of event. No specialized bikes really back then when we were kids.
The picture is from Carnegie Park hill climbs in 1967. My dad riding up against an Ossa. Top notch riding gear, leather gloves and your best white t-shirt.

Mike Mc

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”