My bike does not exist!!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

mongo

My bike does not exist!!

Postby mongo » Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 am

At least according to my insurance agent.

She has no listings for anything under a 500cc Ducati (I think that one was a Pantah)

She used the 'other' listing to get a quote, not bad at $220/year for basic coverage. Since I don't plan to use this bike for daily transport, basic is fine with me.

This is a copy of the title, (with some personal info edited) showing it being sold to my uncle in 1967....

ducat_title_web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thevin

Re: My bike does not exist!!

Postby Thevin » Mon May 31, 2010 5:14 am

I didn't have a problem with my 65 in Michigan, he just asked what year and i got a proof to bring down to DMV.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon May 31, 2010 5:11 pm

" not bad at $220/year for basic coverage. "

____ "$220" for 12-months of just 'PL&PD' !?? _ I think your agent is ripping you off !
I'd think a 250 could be basic-insured for the standard 6-month period for 50 to 75 bucks.
Even just seen a TV-ad by Alstate for 100-bucks to cover any size motorcycle !
Get your money back and switch agents !!

" This is a copy of the title, "

____ I myself also have a couple of these old-style Michigan-titles ! _ I believe they stopped printing them just like this, by 1973.

DUKE-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

mongo

Postby mongo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:04 am

Are you in Michigan, DCT Bob? This is about the average rate I've been getting, but I do have 2 points... :oops:

Haven't bought insurance yet, still shopping. Online is a waste of time, nothing older than mid 80's on the websites.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”