drum brake cutouts + boredom

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

miken5678

drum brake cutouts + boredom

Postby miken5678 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:57 am

Figured I would see if I could skip the whole cutout and replace with a screen and I was a little bored with the cutout wheel and a carbide tip... even managed to get a piece in my eye.. what ajoy to look in the mirror and see a shiney piece of alum.. teach me to brush off my eyebrows.. ok i lied i didnt have safety glasses on.. but after that first time they were def on after that :P

I guess doing the speedo gear side is kinda pointless unless i drill through the drum which I am not sure I want to do yet.. as I am not sure on the strength and risk of cracking the hub itself
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miken5678

Re: drum brake cutouts + boredom

Postby miken5678 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:57 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mongo

Postby mongo » Fri May 21, 2010 3:15 am

Pretty cool looking, I like it better than the usual gaping hole.

miken5678

Postby miken5678 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 am

i wasnt sure how much to remove or leave on the inside of the plate so i just rounded things down.. still have to get to polishing them... something in me wants me to be lazy and just pc them

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”