CB350 Brake Plate in Grimeca Hub

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Teckhardt

CB350 Brake Plate in Grimeca Hub

Postby Teckhardt » Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm

I know DesmoDog mentioned that this can be done but I can't find any info on anyone that has actually done it.

What does it take to fit the CB350 TLS plate into the stock hub?

Big question - is it worth it? CB350 brakes are cheap off fleabay.
1970 450 SCR

DesmoDog

Re: CB350 Brake Plate in Grimeca Hub

Postby DesmoDog » Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 am

When I looked at doing it, it seemed pretty easy. IIRC all it would take is machining down a boss on one of the parts (don't remember if it was the brake plate or the hub) so it could seat fully. I don't think there was any work to do around the outside where the brake plate and hub came together as it were, but I could be wrong on that.

I had second thoughts when I noticed how much narrower the Honda pads were comapred to the Ducati pads.

Well, that and the Oldani rep I bought. :lol:

Teckhardt

Re: CB350 Brake Plate in Grimeca Hub

Postby Teckhardt » Thu May 27, 2010 4:15 pm

DesmoDog wrote:When I looked at doing it, it seemed pretty easy. IIRC all it would take is machining down a boss on one of the parts (don't remember if it was the brake plate or the hub) so it could seat fully. I don't think there was any work to do around the outside where the brake plate and hub came together as it were, but I could be wrong on that.

I had second thoughts when I noticed how much narrower the Honda pads were comapred to the Ducati pads.

Well, that and the Oldani rep I bought. :lol:

Yeah, the Oldani would change my mind too.
1970 450 SCR

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”