The passing of DewCat Tea-Bob

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

bodge

Re: The passing of DewCat Tea-Bob

Postby bodge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:20 am

saddened to hear bobs gone,i'll certainly miss his knowledgeable insight's and banter.condolences to all.

jezza

Postby jezza » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm

That's very sad news. A true character. Sadly missed

Thevin

Postby Thevin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 am

Here is a link to Bobs Obituary: http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/muskegon/obituary-browse.aspx?date=pastweek&type=1&ln=h

Eldert wrote:about 30 years ago (way before internet ) there was the Ducati international owners club DIOC
they had a newletter thats how Ducati owners had contact back then . Bob was a technical adviser for that newsletter back then . thats was Bob's thing : helping out people with Ducati problems

Bob rest in peace and condolances for his Family .

Eldert

Eldert, Bob gave me a bunch of those old news letters years ago, very cool, also I've found several more going though things at his house.
I've found old "Berliner" Tech updates, price catalogs, manuals and several hand written schematics and notes from Bob. Once I get his things organized I'll put something together to share with the forum.

He has a brother that lived out of state (they didn't talk), a cousin and myself would stop by and check on Bob from time to time, Bob was a good guy and will be missed.
There will be no ceremony (not Bobs style), he will be cremated this week, we had to wait to get his body back from autopsy, won't know the results for a couple weeks. I'm hoping to grab some of his ashes to spread at the Ducati factory when I visit in the future.

Bob lived and breathed Ducati's this forum was huge part of his life and I do believe it prolonged it, the rheumatoid arthritis he had was so bad that his hands and fingers were curled thus making those threads he responded too seem that it may have taken him a min or two to write but in reality they took a incredible amount of time, like I said he loved this forum and Ducatis..........

krupp13

Postby krupp13 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Very sad indeed. Bob assisted with parts and sales of Ducatis for me. Great guy and I enjoyed talking to him for hours at a time.

Rest in peace my friend.

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:47 pm

We are fortunate that Bob took the time to contribute and lead many conversations in this forum. He will be missed.
Rest In Peace Bob.

Adam

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Sorry to hear of his passing. His advice was valuable help in getting my scrambler started after 30+ years.
Rest in Peace Bob.

john jupiter

Postby john jupiter » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:41 pm

To Bob....... Thanks for your expertise in getting this old DUKE back on the road.
Last edited by john jupiter on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
1970 450 Jupiter

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:39 pm

RIP Bob,

We had our differences but I was sad to hear of his passing. He certainly had a lot of knowledge tucked away in that brain of his.

SP3

Postby SP3 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:16 am

Wow, get busy with 'real' life and stay off the computer for a few months and come back to this. Terribly sad. Condolences to all his folks.
1991 851 SP3
1966 250 Monza
1999 Monster 900
1999 Monster 750
1998 ST2
1967 Benelli 250 (MW Riverside)

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”