The passing of DewCat Tea-Bob

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

The passing of DewCat Tea-Bob

Postby JimF » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 am

It is with genuine sadness that I pass along news of long time list member DewCat Tea-Bob's passing yesterday at his home in Michigan. I believe his real name was Robert Hansen, and within his mind was an incredible wealth of single-cylinder Ducati information.

Bob was happy to share his knowledge with everyone on this forum even though typing was a difficult task for him owing to rheumatoid arthritis in his hands. He never complained about it so few knew of his malady.

I would be surprised if there is a member among us that did not benefit from Bob's help.

This news came to me from one of our own members, Thevin, was kind enough to make frequent wellness checks on Bob and to help Bob do house maintenance whenever possible, and it was Thevin who found Bob during a wellness check when Bob failed to answer his door.

Bob loved Ducatis, and we were very fortunate that Bob adopted our forum as a hangout and us members as his friends. The information Bob left in our discussion topics will continue to serve current members as well as new members to come and non-members from every corner of the planet for many years to come searching our forum for answers.

If Bob ever helped you, the next time you ride a Ducati single you might look to the heavens and say a silent "thanks" to DewCat Tea-Bob.

Rick

Re: The passing of DewCat Tea-Bob

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 am

I wish I could have met him.
I hope I took the time to thank him at some point since I've been on this forum.
Rick

halfpast

Postby halfpast » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 am

Tragic news - even though I'm a new member I've combed through the old threads and saw his name tied to so many informative posts. I hope he's in a better place watching over us all.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:53 am

I'm shocked and saddened, thats a significant loss . My condolences to his family. Its also a timely reminder to us all to get out there on our Dukes while we can. Ride on Bob.

Ian B

Postby Ian B » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:54 am

That is such sad news and a huge loss to all of us involved with Ducatis. His knowledge and willingness to help was simply amazing. Rest in peace Bob..
Ducati newcomer.. still learning. Treat me as an idiot and you won't go far wrong.

flanker

Postby flanker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 am

Wow its such a shock! I knew he was sick but had no idea how bad it was. I enjoyed reading his meticulous postings!!!! He really helped me on so many issues. In fact he wrote an amazing wire diagram for my monza 250. I think I'll so enjoy putting it together and really think of him. I had such great hopes of working out the bugs in the electrix system with him. He seemed really interested in my project, and I wish that he could of seen the completion. I really looked up to that guy. One of a kind. Is there going to be some type of memorial? We lost an amazing individual. Complete sadness, Rob

machten

Postby machten » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 am

This is sad news indeed. It has always been a great comfort to know that Bob was out there on the Internet, albeit with his old XP PC.

We'll all miss his fantastic contributions to our collective knowledge. I suspect he's already measuring up his very own black camshaft.

RIP, DCT Bob...and thanks.

Kev

Old Cog

Postby Old Cog » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Guess we're all glad we got to "meet" him on this forum. I know I am. Though I stumbled in here only a few months ago, it was immediately apparent that Bob was a truly remarkable character: the depth and breadth of his familiarity with Ducati singles was astounding, his theoretical understanding was profound and his determination to share it with us all seemed limitless. The hours of his life that he gave to this forum must be beyond number. What a contributor, what a guy!

One last time....thanks Bob.

Brian

joe46ho

Postby joe46ho » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:09 pm

R.I.P. DewCat Tea-Bob
:cry:
Very sad, I didnt realize Bob was that bad off, then again most people from his generation aren't exactly "complainers"
He was a throwback to an early and better era, when people still talked to each other, and had a greater sense of pride, and personal responsibility...
He reminded me a lot of my dad (always has a lot of useful information if you can keep him calm and focused enough to deliver it)
Rest in Peace Bob, on the bright side you will finally get to meet "Mike the Bike", and hear some great racing stories....
You will be missed
Joe
Too many projects to list...
12 Ducati singles currently

MayerMR

Postby MayerMR » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:01 pm

So sorry to hear of his passing. I will pray for him and his family.

Thank you for letting us know,

-Matt
Please visit my new forum for vintage Euro iron; http://www.EuropeanMotorcycleClassics.com. This is a new site and all European marques are welcome! 1971 Ducati 450 R/T, 1965 Ducati 160, 1967 Gilera 106 SS

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”