diana blue

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

TrexDucatis

Re: diana blue

Postby TrexDucatis » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Took a trip to Seattle last week and visited the Lemay auto museum. To my surprise was this little gem...a 63 MK3 in blue. I have no idea about total originality but it certainly seemed somewhat aged and authentic. A medium powder blue with no metalics. Perhaps a tiny amount of pearlescence. I found myself wishing I could turn to you and dew cat tea bob and have this discussion in the presence of this bike.Image
Life is what you make of it, and I can make almost anything. :D

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 pm

I'm assuming that the early 1960s paint was the same as the late 1950s - but , could be wrong...
I have forks from a 1957/8 Sport, with what I'm pretty certain is the original paint. The photo of the back side of the spring cover shows it's definitely a metallic. I have some other 1957 painted parts in red, and they have a similar metallic look- so, metallic may be correct, unless someone can say for certain otherwise.
kingfisher blue 1.jpg

1958 Kingfisher.jpg

Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KarstenH

Postby KarstenH » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:22 am

Hello,

i have some parts with original color. A toolbox , rear shock and upper fork tube.
The pictures made in bright sun light.
All the parts have a metallic color, but the upper fork tube has bigger metallic flakes, and the color is darker, i think this tube is newer than the other parts and is possible never used in sunlight.
The toolbox and rear shocks are used parts. On this parts you can the metallic parts not see with your eyes, you need a magnifying glass (?).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The areas are to small to get a color code by a profi.

Karsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bodge

Postby bodge » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:09 am

thanks for the input and photos,they add to my feeling ive got the appropriate colour for my bike they all show some variance of tone/colour but with hand mixed paints and upto 60 years of varying amounts of uv exposure you can only expect that.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”