Any resto's going this winter?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Scrambler

Re: Any resto's going this winter?

Postby Scrambler » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Yes, early 60's Honda. Once cleaned and up and refurbished it stops pretty good. Not as good as a disk but fair. I laced it to the Akront with some custom SSt spokes, so no ducati hub.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

single

Postby single » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 pm

'68 MK3 450 Wheels - I'm trying to decide what to do with my wheels - they appear original BUT they are chrome steel PIETRO BERETTA BARANZATE MILANO - 18's with galvinized spokes approx 148mm, round shoulders, raised conicol center - no size markings measure about 2.75" wide - original hubs. Is it possible these are spec ? Fairly good condition , I do certainly like the manufacturer lettering, but do they really belong on this bike? Thanks, Paul

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Scrambler wrote:Yes, early 60's Honda. Once cleaned and up and refurbished it stops pretty good. Not as good as a disk but fair. I laced it to the Akront with some custom SSt spokes, so no ducati hub.

Mike Mc

I picked up a Honda brake plate looks as if it wont take much machining to adapt to the Ducati hub fingers crossed.
WHA'S LIKE US
DAMN FEW AND THEY'RE A'DEID

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Eldert wrote:Hi guys

the Indian made tank arrived last monday . i fitted one to my RT and it looks pretty nice

i ordered some aluminum seat trim from Amici Dello Scrambler and fitted that to

Eldert

a update after 6 years ( cant believe its that long ago )

got the frame powdercoated and started putting al the parts back on .

Eldert

graeme

Postby graeme » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Looking good Eldert,

Time gets away doesn’t it.

Scrambler front hud and brake to stop better than the poor RT brake.
Still the 21 inch front rim? It’s hard to tell from the picture.
RT swing arm or longer Scrambler?

Graeme

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi Graeme

still has the 21 inch frontwheel . did a dry build first and took it for a spin around the block . did not wanne steer in very well and when i did it kinda fell into the corner .

took it to a guy who does frame modifications . he cut of the headstock and welded it back on 3 degrees steeper . steers perfect now . aluminum tank needed modifications after this operation .

i made the rear swingarm 5 cm longer . the std rear hub got ditched and i used a Yamaha
SR 250 hub . needed a little modification tho . rear axle is 17 mm and the sprocket carrier needed slimming down

how are you doing ? last time we talked you moved to a new house and nice big workshop i think

Eldert

graeme

Postby graeme » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Hello Eldert,

Yes moved from Brisbane to Tasmania, much cooler and less people.
Big shed but so far very little time to enjoy it.
We lived in the shed until we built the house.
Still have the standard RT, Scrambler, and the ‘74 Desmo as well as another Desmo that is waiting to be built and go into a Morreti frame.

The RT handles surprisingly well for what it is, although the front brake is less than ideal.
Do you think the longer swing arm needed the alteration to the steering head?
I haven’t ridden a RT with a Scrambler (longer) swing arm so I don’t know how a longer arm effects the handling.
I know a friend in Brisbane has done this.

Regards
Graeme

flynbulldog

Postby flynbulldog » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 pm

single wrote:'68 MK3 450 Wheels - I'm trying to decide what to do with my wheels - they appear original BUT they are chrome steel PIETRO BERETTA BARANZATE MILANO - 18's with galvinized spokes approx 148mm, round shoulders, raised conicol center - no size markings measure about 2.75" wide - original hubs. Is it possible these are spec ? Fairly good condition , I do certainly like the manufacturer lettering, but do they really belong on this bike? Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul, Those are the correct wheels for that bike. As far as I know the wide case coffin tank Mark3's all had chrome steel wheels. I'm not sure about the spoke being galvanized. they should have been painted silver from the factory and most of the time that paint didnt last very long and the spokes started to look grungy pretty quickly.

haha, looks like I just answered a question that was 5 years old... :roll: :lol:

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”