Any resto's going this winter?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

neandethal

Re: Any resto's going this winter?

Postby neandethal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

I am completeing my Mark 3 250 restoration just need to sort out front brake cables and tacho routing but will be ready for MOT this spring - hooray
http://s602.beta.photobucket.com/user/n ... 9.jpg.html

am also doing up a poorly 350 Mark 3, but due to lack of tinware i am doing the cliche of making it into a desmo look alike. the frame has been powder coated and the colour code sourced from the italian scarmbler website, need to find a rearset with folding footrests and brake lever, does anybody know of one?
have targeted to finish this bike by April as engine runs sweetly, but will fit a 32mm dellorto PHF carb for good measure and a dunstall style pipe. i have sent the complete wheels away to TSR for vapour blasting so that i dont incur cost of dismantling and wheelbuilding, the bike will be a rider not display item so not too worried about the small shadows left.

the engine will share time with my other project a modern day interpretation of a duacti single, apologies if you have seen it before, slow progress had to redo front frame to correct head angle after mods to rear of frame to fit widecase motor into narrowcase frame, i will finish it!!

http://s602.beta.photobucket.com/user/n ... 9.jpg.html

apologies the image doesnt seem to appear just the link.

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi guys

the Indian made tank arrived last monday . i fitted one to my RT and it looks pretty nice

i ordered some aluminum seat trim from Amici Dello Scrambler and fitted that to

Eldert

Crazygreg

Postby Crazygreg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Finishing this bike,
Started a year ago with a abandoned bike that sat since 1969 in a garden.... could save almost nothing (cases are really pitted, side covers too, fork and frame were shot, saved the headlight ears, rear hub, front hub, covers in bad shape, cylinder, tank front fender 4 speed engine pitted:
So bought a set of empty cases supposedly from a scrambler that ended up being from a mark III DM250M3, got a large valve head, high compression piston, 5 speed transmition , and all the bots and bits from online anywhere in the world. Spend a lot of time shimming and got a frame that i modified, shortened it by the seat, shortened the seat too), the fork is also from 1965, tank is mach 1, upgraded the front to desmo 2LS etc... got to ride it for the first time yesterday and find it quite hard to get use to the reverse gear pattern...

Single duck

Postby Single duck » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Crazygreg,
No need to get used to that change pattern on your Duck if you find it difficult or awkward to adapt to. Invert the gearchange splined cotter from its 12o'clock position to a 6 o'clock position. I see you have Tarozzi rearsets so it is not too difficult to reposition the chromed 'control arm' to a convenient position whereby you end up with all the linkage joints in the correct position and may not even have to adjust the length of the gearchange control rod. The Tarozzi rearsets have Vernier type adjustment secured and retained by a light alloy ring nut with holes for a pin spanner; nice and simple.
Enjoy your homemade Duck to the fullest extent possible under the Law! :D I reckon that silencer gives it real road 'presence'!
Howard
Capo di tutti capo at http://www.widecase.com
Supreme Commander at http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk

Crazygreg

Postby Crazygreg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks for the tip Howard, will try that, i think the difficulty is more on the right shifter, I have japanese bikes and 1 does have the inverse pattern, but on the left.
I modified this muffler with a home made cartridge and added a small supertrapp inside as well.
Was way too loud as a megaphone, San Francisco cops are quite nice but not so much when you are louder than a Harley!

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 am

Hey CrazyGreg, if you are in the San Francisco area, we should meet up at Alice's some weekend. I don't see many vintage Ducati's out on the road around here. I live in San Jose and ride the Santa Cruz mountain roads as well as south county backroads.The SF bay area Vintage Ducati club meets in San Jose at Pizza Antiqa in Santa Row on the first Monday of the month. It runs with SF Desmos. Once the weather warms up you should ride down. I like the look of your build as well.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neandethal

Postby neandethal » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Here is the bike as bought a few years back as you can see it lended itself to being a Desmo rep as no panels or seat.

Cimg1685 mod.jpg

CIMG5387.JPG

As is today waiting for wheels back from vapour blaster and fibreglass from paintshop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neandethal

Postby neandethal » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Just an update. in order to save a few quid i had the wheels vapour blasted as a complete set rims, hubs and spokes, and i have to say they are as good as if i had split them and thought i would post a happy snap, probably saved £60+ per wheel rebuild costs.

CIMG5403.JPG

neandethal

Postby neandethal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 am

bodyworks back and hoping to get it on its wheels with engine in this weekend :D
CIMG5474.JPG

Sam

Postby Sam » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Scrambler wrote:Hey CrazyGreg, if you are in the San Francisco area, we should meet up at Alice's some weekend. I don't see many vintage Ducati's out on the road around here. I live in San Jose and ride the Santa Cruz mountain roads as well as south county backroads.The SF bay area Vintage Ducati club meets in San Jose at Pizza Antiqa in Santa Row on the first Monday of the month. It runs with SF Desmos. Once the weather warms up you should ride down. I like the look of your build as well.

Mike Mc

Hi Mike is this the Ducati with a modified tls front brake from a Honda? Seem to recognise the front end.. If so was there much machining of the brake plate to fit the Ducati hub?

Sam
WHA'S LIKE US
DAMN FEW AND THEY'RE A'DEID

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”