Website requests

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

Website requests

Postby JimF » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:02 pm

Please let me know what kind of information you would like to see the website should include. I was thinking to put scanned images of the Ducati part book on-line, that is just a time-conuming task and I will get to when I can.

I have a small French-language handout on the 250 and 350 singles that appears to provide some gear ratios that I need to scan and put on the site as well.

Jim Franzen

ajleone

Re: Website requests

Postby ajleone » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:23 pm

Wiring diagrams are also very useful. Any technical details would be gretaly appreciated.

Happy Halloween - I hear the doorbell again....
Tony

Daniil

Postby Daniil » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Jim, classifieds needs to be expanded for several more categories. I.e. other bikes for sale (many of us like myself are multi brand owners) and Other (motorsports memorabilia, tools etc)- things that are not exactly what you would consider Parts. Just a suggestion. Dan

Thevin

Postby Thevin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:25 am

Maybe a section specifically for technical or mechanic help...

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 am

Thevin wrote:Maybe a section specifically for technical or mechanic help...

Hi Thevin,

I am thinking that at least for now posts asking for tech/mechanical help should be something that you just post in the main discussion forum. I am worried that if there are too many different forum topics the people that have an answer for you or can otherwise provide you with the help you need might just neglect to travel down the spun-off forum that has your specific request for help.

I am new to this and I could be completely wrong - I just know that I am too lazy and have too little time to look down a lot of very specific forums on a regular basis.

Let's see how it goes and if the other subscribers want to create categorical forum headings.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 am

Jim, I think it would be better, if under the main-title of the page, (such as "Website requests"), it could be possible to give a separate sub-title/subject to each separate posting that's posted by the various people who place their postings.
Then for example, this posting of mine would be sub-titled: 'Request for Individual Sub-Titles' , and listed under the main-title 'Website requests' .
Wouldn't that be helpful? (So as to help others find that which is of most interest to them.)

GoodCheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 am

" Jim, classifieds needs to be expanded for several more categories. I.e. other bikes for sale (many of us like myself are multi brand owners) and Other (motorsports memorabilia, tools etc)- things that are not exactly what you would consider Parts. Just a suggestion. Dan "

____ Sorry Dan, unless another whole separate section of classifieds could be created for all those other types of things (which are not for Ducati-singles stuff), I don't think it would be a good idea (to have everything all mixed together).
DCT-B
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:50 am

When will the two new forums (events & photos) be open for posting?
1970 450 SCR

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:45 am

I'm sorry, I did not know that they were not open! There must be some 'on-off' switch in the Admin control panel that pre-sets upon creation to the "off" position.

I will look for for the enable switch and fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

Jim

OK, everybody should have full read-write access to the new forums.

As for my goof, I quote the immortal words of Homer Simpson... "D'oh!"

Jim

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Wed May 19, 2010 5:53 pm

My PMs do not seem to be working.

Sent messages sit in the outbox but never go out.

Is there something wrong?
1970 450 SCR

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”