350 Condor "makeover"

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

PhilA

350 Condor "makeover"

Postby PhilA » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Dave450

Re: 350 Condor "makeover"

Postby Dave450 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Mr. Aynsley - Thanks for posting those pics! An interesting blend of classic and contemporary, some very nice touches and he has clearly gone to a lot of effort and expense. I think the 998 upside down forks are overkill and the twin spots out front dominate a bit too much, from but from the headstock back is very neat, including the under-seat exhaust. The tank (or should I say tank cover?) is superb and goes a long way to make the styling a success. Nice to see that he has scaled down the NCR tank because the full size tank off any bevel twin just doesn't work on a single.

Virtually all the radically customised single projects I've seen are ugly ducklings, but not this one.

Is it ridden, and if so, how does it go and handle??!

john jupiter

Postby john jupiter » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Tony at Beveltech obviously has some serious skill and creativity. I would love to have theat frame and suspension set up. Very nice
1970 450 Jupiter

StewartD

Postby StewartD » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:46 am

That machine is very nice and a great credit to the builder, Beveltech of Melbourne. Now can anyone tell me where Beveltech are located?

I can't figure out the petrol tank setup: The large petrol cap seems to indicate that it is not a dummy tank, but I cannot see any taps; there is a single hose from the rear of the large frame 'backbone' tube to the carburettor. How does fuel get into the frame tube?

Anyone going to Phillip Island classic races next weekend? I intend to have my Mach 1 there on Sunday, about halfway between start/finish and turn 1. Hope to catch with any forum members.

Cheers,

Stewart D

PhilA

Postby PhilA » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:18 am

The fuel situation is still in a state of flux. Tony originally made an alloy tank that fitted over the main frame tube, with the bodywork just being a cover. However he changed his mind and is now in the process of converting the bodywork to hold the fuel. Re the "how does the fuel get into the frame" question... that's what I asked!

Yarra Valley.

StewartD

Postby StewartD » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 am

Thanks for that Phil. I suspected it may not be quite finished yet.

Cheers,

Stewart D

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”