Unique 6-pole Modified-alt.stator

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DewCatTea-Bob

Unique 6-pole Modified-alt.stator

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:00 am

____ I'd like to know-of whoever will be the winning-bidder of this item... http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-VOLT-CONVERS ... 0c&vxp=mtr
Hopefully it will not-only be one of our fellow-members here,, but also someone who's enlightened enough to already realize that it really can't actually have a "12-VOLT" output, and-also is just as well employable for use with a 6-volt system as-well !
__ The obviously reworked stator looks to certainly be capable of increased wattage-output,, but what would be of greater interest (to achieve the goal of superior charging-power), is whether it has been purposely rewound so as to abandon Ducati's unique dual-winding in favor of a more standard winding-type that's considerably much more suitably appropriate rather for FULL-wave rectification (instead of Ducati's dual half-wave rectification).
So hopefully whoever did the rewinding-work, really knew of what they were actually doing. _ And by the looks of the quality of the finished-job, that's a fairly likely possibility to reasonably expect.
__ I,for-one am looking-forward to the possibility of discussing (with whomever the new-owner) what-all's-what concerning that modified 6-pole stator !

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

boobby

Re: Unique 6-pole Modified-alt.stator

Postby boobby » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 am

that was me that bought it.. we will see what it does, i am gonna chuck it on my 65 250 in the next month or so. it looks very well made (or remade). i haven't compared it to a stock one up close yet though

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: Unique 6-pole Modified-alt.stator

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:34 pm

[quote= boobby ...
" that was me that bought it.. "

____ Great ! _ And-also, welcome as our newest member !

" i am gonna chuck it on my 65 250 "

____ What model "65 250" do you have, a Monza ?

" i haven't compared it to a stock one up close yet though "

____ From what I've seen of it so-far, it appears to also have just two wire-leads. _ But unlike with the stock stator, I assume that this modified 6-pole stator-winding is-not circuited to it's stator-plate/ground at any point.
That feature needs to be checked with an ohm-meter, so that it can be confirmed that it's made to be used rather with a full-wave rectifier.
So can you confirm the type of stator-winding ?

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”