1966 250 n/c Monza: which fork seals?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

cooperplace

1966 250 n/c Monza: which fork seals?

Postby cooperplace » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 pm

is it possible to determine what size seals I need to buy to replace the leaky ones, without taking the forks apart?
Thanks.
be nice, I'm not very bright.

tobydmv

Re: 1966 250 n/c Monza: which fork seals?

Postby tobydmv » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Yes, but they should be 31.5mm ID and are found on ebay from 2 or 3 different vendors. If you want to be certain you'll have to pull the top fork yoke and headlight covers to measure the fork tube. I thought the prices were high on these seals and could never locate them independently. I guess its a special order product.

Eurojamb has the seals and just about everything else you'll need,

http://www.eurojamb.com/ducati-single-3 ... -2094.html

Ian B

Postby Ian B » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Classic Ducati has them much cheaper..

http://www.classicducati.com/index.php? ... oductId=53

Cheers

Ian
Ducati newcomer.. still learning. Treat me as an idiot and you won't go far wrong.

DewCatTea-Bob

TEMP.post-note mainly for 'cooperplace' ...

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 pm

____ Well Peter, you've posted 124 thread-posts within the past 6-months since you've joined us,, which if I'm not mistaking, is probably a record for any newbie*type members (* who don't offer near as much Duke-related info, as is asked for).
Anyhow, all members who post their-own threads ought-to try & keep-up with them all until each has reached some kind of sensible conclusion,, and you perhaps more-so than many others have started new-threads without also addressing thread-posts which you've seemingly willingly left-behind unfully-addressed. ...
That you've now gone-ahead & started still another new-thread here and yet haven't also taken the time to post any word within your other posts left hanging, seems rather disconcerting.
While I-myself have come-to've become somewhat used-to this kind of lapse from those numerous sorts who don't much care to bother with keeping all such things rather somewhat-neatly buttoned-up,, the reason I'm currently bothering to mention anything about such happy-go-lucky behavior now at this particular point, is because YOU seem to have left yourself in a state of unawareness concerning matters that could possibly leave you left led-astray. ...
Don't you care that you've possibly maladjusted your cyl.head-valves and left them wrongly-set ? _ I'd think that you would indeed care,, but yet I'm concerned that you may have too-much going-on to comfortably cope with, to keep everything in orderly-perspective, (as I'd think that a properly set-up engine would be of more logical concern than forks that leak, while riding your Duke). _ So I'm just trying to make-sure that you're not going to forget & overlook something that could be more important for you to get taken-care-of properly.
__ No need to respond to this post, (as this note was just put here only in hopes of you thusly finding it soonest, and-so shall be deleted soon after you've placed another new-post anywhere). _ So but you may rather respond from your thus-far ignored thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1889&p=14252#p14252 .

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Bob,
thanks as always for your excellent suggestions around running threads in a neat manner, and I apologise for all sloppiness on my part. The fact is that this forum provides a lot of very valuable and useful information, which is really helpful and useful to me, and my 250 would be in much worse shape without it. I very much appreciate this.

Regards
Peter.
be nice, I'm not very bright.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm

[quote= cooperplace ...
" suggestions around running threads in a neat manner, "

____ But I had only indicated suggestion of not leaving one's-own threads left abandoned without any concluding-type final post (in a more tidy & considerate manor).
Besides, your more recent threads weren't even a week old yet, so they didn't yet count as seemingly abandoned already ! _ I just wanted to make-sure that the one about your v.clearance-setting didn't become permanently overlooked.

" I apologise for all sloppiness on my part. "

____ I never meant for my related post to even sparsely hint that I might've been even indirectly scolding you in any way, so there's certainly no need for you to "apologise" for anything at all ! _ So sorry my post-wording failed to prevent any such concern.
__ At-least you are considerately-aware, as there's been quite many others who've inconsiderately abandoned their-own posted threads (and left DewCatTea-Bob [or someone-else] as the final poster, instead of their-own self) !

" The fact is that this forum provides a lot of very valuable and useful information, which is really helpful
I very much appreciate this. "

____ We basically have JimF to thank for it's existence !

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”