Another camshaft question.

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Ian B

Another camshaft question.

Postby Ian B » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:17 pm

I've come across another camshaft in the boxes of parts I've acquired and have no idea what it fits. It is approx. 10mm longer than the others I've got and the profiles look very similar to the green/white one Ducati-Bob identified for me. The threaded end is the same as the other cams I have so do believe its from a Ducati.

_MG_8846.jpg

The one in the foreground I'm unsure of against a 250 scrambler cam.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ducati newcomer.. still learning. Treat me as an idiot and you won't go far wrong.

Eldert

Re: Another camshaft question.

Postby Eldert » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi Ian

that camshaft is from a valvespring beveltwin 750 or 860

Eldert

Ian B

Postby Ian B » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Eldert wrote:Hi Ian

that camshaft is from a valvespring beveltwin 750 or 860

Eldert

Many thanks for that Eldert, I came across a packet of clutch plates marked Ducati 860 so I guess a previous owner had a bevel twin too!
Ducati newcomer.. still learning. Treat me as an idiot and you won't go far wrong.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:26 pm

[quote= Ian B ...
" the profiles look very similar to the green/white one Ducati-Bob identified "

____ I've never examined the lobe-profile of any 860-cam (which I think were the same mild-cam as of the 1975 750GT model), but if indeed the profiles appear pretty-much the same as your G&W.cam, then I'd more suspect your L-twin bevel-cam to be that of a 1971-74 750-Sport.

Dukaddy-DUKEs,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”