importing duke NZ to Australia?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

cooperplace

importing duke NZ to Australia?

Postby cooperplace » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:00 am

Hi, I'm thinking of buying an old duke single in NZ, and importing it into Australia, where I live. Does anyone have any experience with this? I keep hearing stories of shippers and customs agents that ripped people off. I would be grateful for recommendations of a shipper and a customs agent. It's a private sale in NZ but there's a local bike shop that can crate it for me.
Any tips much appreciated.
be nice, I'm not very bright.

lsk12

Re: importing duke NZ to Australia?

Postby lsk12 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 am

Hi I recently imported a Ducati single from the US to New Zealand. I used kiwi shipping. They were very helpful.

http://www.kiwishipping.com.au

Cheers

Jordan

Re: importing duke NZ to Australia?

Postby Jordan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:43 am

I sold a motorbike to a New Zealander, who turned out to be a dealer.
He was very organised, asked me if I'd mind taking it to the airport, which was close to where I lived at the time, for a fee.
There was a small cargo plane being loaded, and the bike was going on it. It was out of the country a few hours after I sold it.
Anyway, air freight seems to be an option for moving bikes between Oz and NZ.
The golden rule for importing vehicles to Australia, is to get permission before doing it, to avoid an expensive nightmare when it gets here. See the Australian Customs website for starters.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”