Throttle: Tommaselli Super Pratic or something more modern?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

narrow_monza

Throttle: Tommaselli Super Pratic or something more modern?

Postby narrow_monza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Greetings,

I have the original style Tommaselli Super Pratic single pull throttle with the chain inside and no return spring mechanism.
Can someone recommend something more modern and functional that would be suitable for my narrow case 250 project?
I plan to use an Amal MkI Concentric 626 carb.
Thanks

Adrian

Jordan

Re: Throttle: Tommaselli Super Pratic or something more mode

Postby Jordan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:32 am

There's no return spring on any twistgrip throttle I've ever seen. The carburettor's slide spring normally does that job.

I like the Tommaselli item, as it's compact, unpainted aluminium with stainless steel cover plate, straight pull (easy on the cable) and correct for Ducati singles.
And, they are just capable of 30mm cable pull, so will suit any carb up to that size, including all fitted to our bikes as standard.
A negative is the sleeve that accepts the rubber grip is quite short, but there are ways to deal with that.

I also like this Amal type, which can be used with larger carbs:
http://www.groveclassicmotorcycles.co.u ... 1336-p.asp

narrow_monza

Re: Throttle: Tommaselli Super Pratic or something more mode

Postby narrow_monza » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Jordan wrote:There's no return spring on any twistgrip throttle I've ever seen. The carburettor's slide spring normally does that job.

I like the Tommaselli item, as it's compact, unpainted aluminium with stainless steel cover plate, straight pull (easy on the cable) and correct for Ducati singles.
And, they are just capable of 30mm cable pull, so will suit any carb up to that size, including all fitted to our bikes as standard.
A negative is the sleeve that accepts the rubber grip is quite short, but there are ways to deal with that.

I also like this Amal type, which can be used with larger carbs:
http://www.groveclassicmotorcycles.co.u ... 1336-p.asp

Thanks for the info Jordan!

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”