Ducati non-standard headlight? Pic-heavy

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Moto Chuck

Re: Ducati non-standard headlight? Pic-heavy

Postby Moto Chuck » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:45 pm

" I intend to run as small a set of lights as seems to look about right on the bike. "

____ Okay then, how are you expecting to find the electrical-parts you'll need ?
Are you only interested in original-type stock charging-system parts, or what ?

I do have a fair sized stash of spare parts from a local motorcycle salvage yard that went out of business in the early 1990s. The salvage yard got much of their stuff from the local Ducati dealer that sold of their bike salvage in the mid-1980s. At one point I bought a couple of salvage engines complete for about $50. A couple of original Mk3 megaphones were $15 each. Spare frames were about $20. Man, how I would like to walk through that salvage yard again with several hundred dollars in my pocket! :lol:

I also picked up some incomplete bikes during that time that I pulled apart. These were the old square style bikes that nobody much wanted. I do have some scruples about scrapping old motorcycles for parts, but when major parts are missing I don't mind stattering an old bike for parts I want.

I still keep an eye out for old Italian stuff at swap meets. A lot of the old rebranded Italian stuff (Wards Riverside and Italian Harley) can still be had fairly cheap. Even Benelli and Aerrmacchi is not that expensive. Since Guzzi and Ducati are still in production and still imported, the prices are usually pretty stiff.

I also do know a local collector that has quite a stash of NOS Ducati parts from defunct Ducati Dealers.

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: Ducati non-standard headlight? Pic-heavy

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm

[quote= Moto Chuck ...
" I do have a fair sized stash of spare parts "

____ Well then I guess you ought begin considering sorting-through your entire stash to pick-out your best option(s) for an alternator to have your expected charging-system based upon.
Right ?
__ Whatever of it you have to choose from, I'll be interested in suggesting options for you to consider for your intended project. _ (However that ought-to be begun within another thread.)

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”