Frame?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

pear0

Frame?

Postby pear0 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:11 am

What single is this frame from. I have looked and can't find one with that much kick up at the back. Doesn't appear to have been modified. Thanks, Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JimF
Site Admin

Re: Frame?

Postby JimF » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:20 pm

I could be wrong about the frame, but I seem to recall having seen a Mototrans frame with that 'kick up' on the back. The one I saw was a wide case frame though and had several other dissimilarities to the standard Ducati wide case frames.

On this frame though a quick look did not provide me with any other visual cues that it is a Mototrans frame except for maybe the forward seat mount. Those rear-facing pegs for securing the front of the seat seem unusual for a Ducati narrow case but not a Ducati wide case.

On third glance it seems odd that there are no tabs for mounting tool boxes either.

Jim

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 pm

The pins for the rear gas tank mount are typical of a square-style Monza or Sebring. Some of the other tabs that are still present look like these models. Battery plate, muffler/footpeg mount and air pump tabs have been removed. Even the scrambler models that had the rear loop bent up didn’t have as much as this frame. Bending the rear loop up was a pretty common modification so this is probably the case with this frame.

single-junk

Postby single-junk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Yeah.. looks identical to my 66 monza frame, including the seat mounting hooks. I have a 65 as well, and it doesn't have the hooks.
Rear loop could've been modded a long time ago or something..?

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”