Valve stem drilling

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

single-junk

Re: Tubeless-rims ?

Postby single-junk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 am

DewCatTea-Bob wrote:[quote= single-junk ...
" Well, they're aluminum alloy spoked rims so I guess that qualifies as a mag..? "

____ I guess we really ought-to clear-up exactly what you mean by "spoked", (since mag-wheels also have a few of their-own version of such) !
__ Don't your "rims" have 36-HOLES in them for stock-like 'spokes' with nipples to fit through ?
If so,, then a tubeless-tire itself should hold air without the help of an inner-tube, BUT the rather hole-filled rim would have a hard-time doing same ! _ Don't you think so too ?
Or do you happen to also have some kind of MIRACLE-sealing rim-strip, to go along with ?

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob

Yes, they are aluminum rims with the 36 spoke nipple holes. They're not specifically from Boranni, but according to the seller they are exactly the same. I don't have an issue with running a tube, in fact I think in this regard it would be better to be safe than sorry.

I just don't necessarily know all these things, as I'm not a mechanical expert.. which is why I'm asking questions on a forum.

Sorry if I made things unclear.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”