1966 Monza 250: throttle is binding

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: 1966 Monza 250: throttle is binding

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:56 pm

[quote= cooperplace ...
" Pulling on the cable nipple by hand, all is perfect.
slides beautifully, "

____ Then you've already (all on your own) proven that your sticking-issue is certainly merely with just your hand-throttle setup alone !

" It's running nylon on the chrome plate of the handlebar tube. "

____ If that's how it was designed to work, then certainly such a reputable name-brand would well cope with such a normal installation setup !

" There is definitely friction of the nylon on the chrome, which I think is my problem. "

____ You could prove your deduction by next leaving everything connected-up just as you've had it, EXCEPT this-time try it with your hand-throttle removed off-from the handlebar...
THEN if your entire throttle-setup still refuses to return as "beautifully" as without the hand-throttle, then merely-just the hand-throttle itself must solely have a functional-problem all of it's very-own !
However if your throttle-setup's sticking-issue only occurs just when the hand-throttle is installed onto the handlebar,, then try smearing a little grease on the bar, to find-out if that helps any.
__ In any case, when you install the hand-throttle onto the handlebar,, make-sure to then allow the cable's tension to easily decide the preferred position that the hand-throttle's angle optimally adjusts to, (and don't force the hand-throttle to bend the throttle-cable in any direction other than that which it's most comfortably compliant with), before finally securing the hand-throttle (and it's resulted angular position) to the bar.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

cooperplace

Re: 1966 Monza 250: throttle is binding

Postby cooperplace » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:50 am

I went to my local spring emporium and bought a stiffer spring. With that and some RP7 on the handlebar, it's no longer sticking. The spring isn't too much stiffer than stock so it should be fine, I hope.
be nice, I'm not very bright.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”