dellorto VHB 29AD pilot jet & circuit 350 scrambler

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

kalli

dellorto VHB 29AD pilot jet & circuit 350 scrambler

Postby kalli » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:06 am

scr & t3.jpg
dear all,

my 350 scrambler come with a - VHB 29AD CARB which i assume is original equipment. while i am familiar with the rest of the carb, i am not familiar with the pilot curcuit arrangement and the pilot jet in particular. see attached pictures scr carb on the left vs guzzi carb.
i was expecting to find a pilot jet screwed in the cast tube parallel to the main curcuit i found this? is it standard is it meant to be drilled through as mine seems to be solid. how does fuel get through it to the pilot cuircut?
does this part have a name and a number, is it possible to remove?

thanks
kalli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 350 scr

amartina75

Re: dellorto VHB 29AD pilot jet & circuit 350 scrambler

Postby amartina75 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:06 pm

There should be a pilot jet there, the same as your Guzzi carb. The only difference in the two carbs is the Guzzi carb is a pumper carb. It looks like possibly the head is sheared off, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Look at this link for a diagram and also is a good source for parts.
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

kalli

Postby kalli » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:52 pm

it doesnt appear to be broken, it looks like a carb part, like diferent type jet screwed upside down but it doesn make any sense sinse its blocked.??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 350 scr

amartina75

Postby amartina75 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:27 am

Without having the carb in front of me I can't say what it is but it looks like someone put a nonstandard jet in there and possibly broke it or blocked it off. It really doesn't matter it shouldn't be there. If you followed the link I posted you would see that. You need to remove whatever that is and stip your carb down completely and see if it is still useable. The pilot
Jet looks just like your main jet only smaller. I believe it is the same size as the main jets on the pumper carb from the guzzi you have, only in the 40-50 range not 100+

Good luck
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”