valve collet types

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

machten

Re: valve collet types

Postby machten » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks for that extra effort Bob, that provides total clarity of what you were advocating. Just as a point of interest, what software did you use to do that to change the planes of view?

Kev

Timmy250

Postby Timmy250 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Bob, I did buy a set of Moto Guzzi collets online from MG Cycle, very quick turnaround from them, and side-by-side comparison to my old ones they look identical, and fit perfectly.

Here is a link to the pic of the collet on their site, much better than I could take.

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=208

Tim

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:34 am

[quote= Timmy250 ...
" Here is a link to the pic of the collet on their site, much better than I could take. "

____ Too-bad that they don't show it from an angle which views it's top-edge, either !
But without a similar pic.view of the regular/common half-collet, for comparison,, I guess it doesn't really matter much anyhow.

Dukaddy-DUKEs,
-Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

DewCatTea-Bob

Posted Modified-pix Related-stuff

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:51 am

[quote= machten ...
" Thanks for that extra effort "

____ The final-effort had already been in-the-works,, I just hadn't bothered to get-around to fully preparing it for posting sooner, in place of the earlier-done uncompleted version,
as originally intended.

" what software did you use to do that to change the planes of view? "

____ It's an included feature (which I had only recently discovered), of a 'FastStone' picture-editing software-program, (and the best of three such sw.programs I've ever installed on any of my PCs !).
However, of-course the included cropping-program & combining-program were also needed to complete the finished combo-pix.
__ (Anyone else who can closely match my posted final-work,, I must say, will then thoroughly impress me !)

Cheery-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Timmy250

Postby Timmy250 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Well, after sand blasting, powder coating frame, two pack paint from rattle cans, new fork tubes, new 350 piston, 76.5 mm bore(!), piston with head clearance issues, new bottom end, valve collet issues, new Keihin PKW 26 mm carb and jetting puzzle, new wiring, it finally runs half-way decently. Only took me a year, jeesh. Going to continue to try to get carburation right, but fun to ride.

Thanks to forum advice-givers, it was a real help, cheers,

Tim

10440905_10153199062506686_5269870170621976816_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DewCatTea-Bob

Finished Project

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 am

[quote= Timmy250 ...
" Going to continue to try to get carburation right,

____ Thanks for the update !
(I would've expected such a post to rather be placed within the very-first thread which you submitted concerning this project.)
__ How about posting a close-up picture of your mounted non-stock carb, PREFERABLY submitted within the same*thread where you first considered that carb ?
(* viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1704&p=12420#p12420 )

Duke-Cheers,
-Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”