Please allow me to introduce myself!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Moto Chuck

Please allow me to introduce myself!

Postby Moto Chuck » Wed May 21, 2014 2:11 am

I have been known in part, to a small group of friends for the last 30 or so years as Moto Chuck. That came mostly from the Moto Guzzi Ambassador that was my main ride for a long time. I have owned Ducati singles for more than 25 years but my collection has been in storage for a while now to allow me to pursue other interests. I am back into motorcycling now and decided it was time to drag out and shine up the old Ducs. Here are my two favorite..

The red bike is a 1967 250 Mk3. The headlight assembly was either a clinker in the parts bin at ducati, (not an uncommon occurrence) or it has been replaced. When I got the bike it had the buckhorn handlebars. I know how hard to find the clip-ons are so i put on a set of clubman bars. I recently was able to complete a set of factory rear-set foot pegs thanks to Malcome Tunstall at Syd's Cycles. Those are going onto the bike very soon.

The white bike is a 350 sebring with a desmo head and formula cam and was built so I could take a riders school at Hallet, Ok. It's a rather tight technical course and a lot of fun on a motorcycle. I have also had it out at an old naval air base that gets used on occasion for sports car club races. Right now it has no magneto or alternator so it is a total loss ignition. I am planning to put the electrics back in it and wire it for the street.

Back in the "80s I spent a couple of years working in a small Guzzi dealership where I developed an addiction to collecting bevel head singles. Fortunately there was an old cycle salvage in town back then and I pulled out a lot of Ducati stuff and dirt cheap prices. Oh for another chance to rummage around those old parts piles. :roll: Ah well, those were the days!

Moto Chuck

john jupiter

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself!

Postby john jupiter » Wed May 21, 2014 2:18 am

You've got two mreally cool bikes there Moto Chuck! Buying bevel singles a DEFINITLEY addictive! That 350 sounds like a really quick little bike. Welcome.

-jj
1970 450 Jupiter

geomoto

Postby geomoto » Wed May 21, 2014 3:55 am

Sharp bikes Chuck. What part of the world you from?
Geo

Moto Chuck

Postby Moto Chuck » Thu May 22, 2014 12:24 am

geomotoracing wrote:Sharp bikes Chuck. What part of the world you from?
Geo

I live in Kansas USA where the corners are few and mostly 90 degrees.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”