00736- Mark3 USA 67

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

lmarazzi

senza parole

Postby lmarazzi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi all
though I would show off some updated images.
My good friend Paul W. with great care and consummate skill took on the task of dismantling and rebuilding every part.
Original paint not touched.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lmarazzi

Re: 0376- Mark3 USA 67

Postby lmarazzi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Nick wrote:Sooo nice. Get it running and ride it as is!

Patina is priceless. The Japanese have a term for it: 'wabi-sabi' This term is almost untranslatable, but it means (among other things) the beauty inherent in well-worn objects that have been lovingly cared for over many years and even many generations. Thus is the old teacup, cracked and chipped though it may be, valued far more highly than a piece of shiny new china.

Your humble Ducati perfectly expresses this highly refined esthetic.

We cleaned up the cup and drank some tea! :)

Vintmoto

Re: 00736- Mark3 USA 67

Postby Vintmoto » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Be careful. I friend and fellow Ducati collector told something I have found to be true. Singles are like potato chips - you can't have just one:) Having owned a big bevel twin and belt drive Ducati's, I can say the singles are truly a joy to ride and the Mk3 in good tune does surprisingly well even at highway speeds.

lmarazzi

Re: 00736- Mark3 USA 67

Postby lmarazzi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Too late!☺ I got bitten when I was 7years old, started with a Mach1 at 17.always had Ducati in garage, except a few barren years. The other projects are an 860 and 350D. It is a joy to ride the 250. Such a well balanced machine. As you say certainly fast enough to get me into trouble. I next step after run in, is to see how fast the mile markers pass.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”