250 Monza: recommendation for ignition switch?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

cooperplace

250 Monza: recommendation for ignition switch?

Postby cooperplace » Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 pm

I seem to have lost my one and only key. it wasn't the original switch anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap key and switch? I don't want to shell out for the original.
be nice, I'm not very bright.

JimF
Site Admin

Re: 250 Monza: recommendation for ignition switch?

Postby JimF » Thu May 15, 2014 12:18 am

At the risk of oversimplifying this, I think the switch keys were all the same.

If that's the case you need only buy a key to solve your problem and as a bonus you retain your original ignition switch.

Jim

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Thu May 15, 2014 4:39 am

[quote= cooperplace ...
" it wasn't the original switch anyway. "

____ Does your replacement key-switch (that you lost the key for), have isolated twin-circuits like the original-switch has ?
If not, then was the switched on/off-circuit for the charging-light simply ignored ?

" Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap key and switch? "

____ If you only wish to just switch on & off the stock ign.power-circuit, then most any standard On/Off key-switch could work for you. _ So just go anywhere that you can get such, and buy the cheapest key&switch that you think you can fit in the place where your current replacement-switch was installed.
I think you ought-to be able to find a key-switch with 2-terminals for under 8-bucks.
I don't know of any key-switches that can do everything that the stock-switch does,, but any unit which comes close to being just as complex, ought cost at-least 20-bucks.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Thu May 15, 2014 7:43 am

ok, all sounds good, thanks
be nice, I'm not very bright.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”