full size drawings

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Rick

full size drawings

Postby Rick » Thu May 01, 2014 12:42 am

I'm working on a group of full size drawings- this is the cutaway drawing of the 200cc engine from the first shop manual. The leader lines ruined the drawing for me, so I started out to remove them and ended up doing more- once the drawing was enlarged lots of problems appeared, so it's taken on a new life- currently 955.6 megabytes, but beginning to look nice, certainly good enough for most garage walls. Plus, if you hang one up behind your lathe you don't get cutting oil splattered on the wall.
Lots of work to be done, and the 5-speed cutaway and exploded drawings are inching along- I'll contact Ducati and see if I can get permission to distribute the files, but I don't expect to get an answer, and I'm probably already guilty of some sort of DMCA felony.
Rick
filled hatches 1.jpg

hatched and filled.jpg

shop.jpg

closeup2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick

Re: full size drawings

Postby Nick » Thu May 01, 2014 12:49 am

Very nice! Remember, it's always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
Put a Mikuni on it!

Rocla

Postby Rocla » Thu May 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Gorgeous drawings. Not only technical but aesthetic as well. I am wondering if, with colors, it could look like the pop art paintings from Lichtenstein ! With a full size, on walls in a garage (or in a living room) it could be very smart...

Rocla

Postby Rocla » Thu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm

I mean this kind of coloured drawings, like here below:

TechnicalPainting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 am

I like this sort of new work, even if it's just enhancement of existing drawings.
Some published drawings are only just OK for page decoration in magazines and books, not really clear enough to read sometimes.
But they can provide another "hobby" for someone. :)

How come the file got so big?
What software are you using?

Is that a Logan lathe?

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri May 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Rocla-
you may be right- with color it might look good in the kitchen next to those soup cans
kitchen.jpg

Jordan-
the file is probably bloated with empty resolution, but I don't want to start discarding bits until the editing is done- edited in Photoshop- I'm a CAD guy and not really at home with raster files- and yes, that is a Logan, not really too happy with it though
Some images from the full size electrical schematic, and some mechanical drawings
misc electrical.jpg

ignition timing gear train ducati single.jpg

transmission test.jpg

exploded 1.jpg

Rick

ecurbruce

Postby ecurbruce » Fri May 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Rick,

I REALLY like the idea of an actual mechanical item or two superimposed over the drawing, just from an artistic perspective.
Just my humble opinion,,,

Bruce

Rocla

Postby Rocla » Fri May 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Rick,

Bigger than your example, full size on the whole wall, like a fresco :D

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”