Temporary-note concerning Thread-page openings

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DewCatTea-Bob

Major-topic Thread-post Directory Considerations

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun May 04, 2014 10:06 pm

JimF wrote:Bob,
I have tried to make some sticky notes, but when I cut and paste your lists with hyperlinks all the hyperlinks go dead. Do you have a trick that made the hyperlinks to other threads withing the forum?

Jim
____ Jim, I now see that you've since deleted your three sticky-note threads, for whatever of reasons. _ (To get that all done, I suppose that YOU didn't run-into all the progression-troubles [here at this-w.site] like that which I was having so-much trouble with last-times I tried to accomplish anything here. - Sure HATE getting-stuck repeatedly with those 'General Error' pages [instead of proceeding-onward with the expected-pages] !!)
__ Anyway,, the reason that the lists of links (which you tried to copy) don't continue-on being 'live' as they originally were,, is because once they've been 'posted' (here at this-w.site, at-least), they THEN become 'abbreviated' from what they actually ARE, (so as to save on posted-space),, and copied abbreviated-links of-course can no-longer complete their intended task !
__ That copying-situation will-not be any problem for ME-myself however,, because I've long been well aware of such link-copying issues, and-so have thusly made a copy (of all the related work I've done so-far) onto 'WordPad', which fortunately of-course does-not at-all alter any of the rather extended copied-contents of the FULL-sized links !
____ Even if you-yourself Jim haven't been encountering the same extra-troublesome progression-issue (which had been impeding myself here earlier),, considering your present state-of-mind of-late (due-to your recent devastating-loss circumstance), it's of-course certainly quite understandable that you may-not presently be left fully-enabled to completely wrap-your-mind-around the entire concept (that I-myself have been considering for about 3-years), so soon after your first-exposure to it.
If you've actually been trying to involve yourself for mind-set diversion purposes, then of-course that's certainly OKAY ! _ However, if you could possibly find the time to rather simply create the requested "Linked Thread Directory" 'box-section', (in much the very-same manor that you did for the 'How to Join' box-section back in March,2011),, then I could go-ahead & begin installing the complete-listing of 'links' to all of the (THEN categorized) older threads.
__ I'm currently willing to take-on the extensive task, (although I expect to take well over a week to get all caught-up [sorting-through the 38-pages of 25-threads each] ),, but if put-off for TOO-long, I then may loose my enthusiasm to get it all done as fastly.
Please let me know what you're thinking about it, if you have some-reason against the whole-idea.
I'm pretty-sure though, that most-everyone will see the finished project as a worthwhile beneficial addition for accessing posted-info that's potentially pretty-educational (if not also fairly entertaining) !

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”